There’s nothing more satisfying than a delicious latte or flat white is there? Some people might think that you can only make these espresso-based drinks with a milk frother (e.g. a steam wand attached to an espresso machine). But that’s not the case! Just read our guide to learn how froth milk without a frother.
Luckily, using your trusty Cafetiere makes it really quite easy.
Here’s our easy method for making frothed milk in a Cafetiere.
Watch our short video of this method for frothing milk in a Cafetiere, without a machine.
- Clean Cafetiere
- Milk (whole milk or oat milk work best)
- Small saucepan
The Method on How to Froth Milk without a frother
- Heat your milk in a small saucepan. You’ll want it to be between 55 and 68 C. The best way to do this is to heat your milk on the stove and use a thermometer to test the temperature.
- When your milk is heated, immediately transfer it to your cafetiere. It’s very important that your cafetiere is clean, because otherwise you’ll have coffee grounds in your milk. This is really unpleasant – nobody wants grainy milk!
- To foam your milk, repeatedly pump the plunger of your cafetiere into your milk until air bubbles form. Make sure to hold the lid of the French Press while you do this so it doesn’t pop off.
- Continue to pump your milk until over half of the milk has a foamy texture.
- Let the milk rest for 1 minute before pouring. Then transfer into the coffee.
As you can see, this method is really easy to use, and will make perfectly good foam for a latte or flat white.
Will you learn how to froth milk without a frother?
And if you don’t have a Cafetiere at homr, we have another blog post describing some other methods for frothing milk without a steam wand.
Before you go.
You may want to top up your coffee stash? Make sure you read our article on the best coffee for cafetiere, which explains everything you need to know about choosing the right coffee.
Enjoy this article? Sign up to our Balance Coffee Club newsletter below for monthly recipes, tips and hacks that’ll improve your coffee game!